BlockchainSpace Data Security Update 🛡️
Around 11:30 p.m. PHT last night, Axie Infinity’s Ronin Network released a community alert that Ronin’s validators were compromised. The alert included the following points:
- The Ronin Bridge has been exploited for 173,600 Ethereum (US$ 585m) and 25.5m USDC;
- The Ronin Bridge and Katana Dex have been halted;
- Sky Mavis are working with law enforcement officials, forensic cryptographers, and their investors to make sure all funds are recovered or reimbursed. All of the $AXS, $RON, and $SLP on Ronin Network are safe right now.
Ronin further explained that “There has been a security breach on the Ronin Network. Earlier today, we discovered that on March 23rd, Sky Mavis’s Ronin validator nodes and Axie DAO validator nodes were compromised resulting in 173,600 Ethereum and 25.5M USDC drained from the Ronin bridge in two transactions (1 and 2). The attacker used hacked private keys in order to forge fake withdrawals. We discovered the attack this morning after a report from a user being unable to withdraw 5k ETH from the bridge.”
Read Ronin’s full article here.
What does this mean for BlockchainSpace?
BlockchainSpace’s Tech Team and Management Team worked together to perform a deep-dive security check on all of our products and tooling. The result: we found no direct technical impact to any of our processes or systems, from our Guild Management Dashboard, down to our Insights Dashboard and Discord Bots.
Here’s a summary of our findings:
At BlockchainSpace, we place top priority on data security for our guilds and gamers. We have already been working on security audits and ramping up our security over the past months. Here is an overview of what we’ve been working on to better protect you:
- Certik Security Audit — BlockchainSpace has engaged Certik to ensure security thoroughness of all source codes and features of Kaizen. The audit commenced March 17, 2022 with a target completion date of April 18, 2022. Note that Kaizen is still in Private Alpha with minimal client exposure;
- 2FA Feature on Cash-Outs — We are also currently exploring adding 2FAs for every cash-out made with a target deployment date of April 3, 2022;
- In-House Security Auditor — We are also hiring a dedicated in-house security officer to ensure audits are being carried out on a regular basis.
To ensure your safety, our security must constantly be evolving and we must always expect the unexpected. Your safety is our number one goal, and we will always work to make sure your funds, your games, and your guilds are safe.
Thank you for being with us every step of the way.
BlockchainSpace enables play-to-earn guilds to scale in the metaverse. We build tools to empower gaming communities and run academies to identify economic opportunities in games. We embolden the next generation of play-to-earn gamers and guild owners to become successful entrepreneurs by equipping them with essential digital tools and financing to scale.