BlockchainSpace 2021: Year in Review
We evolved from a gaming guild to a guild enabler empowering guilds across the world
Peter here, Founder of BlockchainSpace. What an incredible last few months!
Since September alone, we closed a Seed Round for $3.75m, a Strategic Round for $2.4m, opened $GUILD to the world through our Public Fair Launch raising $14m, launched our $GUILD Staking Vault, and closed 7 partnerships! All while increasing our Guild Coverage in our Global Guild Database to over 4,000 Play-To-Earn Guilds worldwide!
If you know Guilds that are not included in the Global Guild Database you can add them here: https://www.blockchainspace.asia/global-guild-insights
Before the year ends, allow me and the entire team at BlockchainSpace to wish you all a good holiday, which we hope you all spend safely with your family and loved ones. We’re excited to have you with us as we continue the development of being the leading data, collaboration, and financial hub for Play-To-Earn Guilds!
Quick Update on Our Mission Statement
We recently updated our mission statement to:
BlockchainSpace empowers Guilds in the Metaverse by providing insights, management tooling, and access to gamers, game titles, and investors.
If you’re new to BlockchainSpace, please have a read of our introduction article here that recaps who we are, what we’re doing, and how we’re providing guilds with the best management tools to grow their guilds.
Key Milestones and Achievements in 2021
- 45 Scholars under Axie Academy
- Launched Sandbox Academy
- Launched Lunacian Scholarship League (LSL) Invitational, Esports tournament dedicated to Axie Scholarship Guilds
- Launched PINASining — A Philippines community-driven IP for Filipino Voxel NFT creators
- Launched v1 of the Axie Academy Discord Bot helping Scholars track SLP earnings
- Launched our Gitbook, our learning center for Play-To-Earn Guild Owners
- Launched Lunacian Scholarship League (LSL) Season 1, the first Axie Infinity-endorsed Esports League dedicated to Axie Scholarship Guilds
- Launched v1 of the Guild Dashboard
- Launched Guild-as-a-Service for The Sandbox to manage 80 Scholars under Axie Academy
- 100+ Creators for Sandbox Academy
- Launched Guild Insights Report and the Global Guild Database
- Launched Guild Data Feeds
- Launched v2 of the Axie Academy Discord Bot
- Launched Guild-as-a-Service for PetRock Capital for 120 Scholars
- $GUILD Fair Launch
- $GUILD Staking Vault
- Closed 7 partnerships including Coingecko, The Sandbox, YGG, Merit Circle, & more
- 500+ Scholars under Axie Academy
- Global Guild Database reached 4,000+ Guilds and 1,000,000+ Players
As you can see, 2021 was a year dedicated to exploring, learning, and building the foundations for Guild Insights and Infrastructure, which was widely recognized by our multitude of investors, leaders of the Play-To-Earn, GameFi, and NFT space.
We are hugely grateful for the support from our earliest investors: Animoca Brands, Spartan Group, Crypto.com Capital, Alameda Research (FTX), MorningStar Ventures, Kingsway Capital, Coingecko, CMS, Arca, Mechanism Capital, Infinity Ventures Crypto (IVC), 3Commas Capital, OKEx Blockdream Ventures, Impossible Finance, Sfermion, Bitscale, Parataxis, PetRock Capital, Fenbushi Capital, Stablenode, Yield Guild Games (YGG), UniX Gaming as well as pioneers in NFT Games — Aleksander Larsen, Co-Founder, Axie Infinity, Jeff (Jihoz) Zirlin, Co-Founder of Axie Infinity and Sebastien Borget, Co-Founder of The Sandbox.
By December, we introduced another 4,500+ supporters from across the globe to our community through our Token Fair Launch whilst raising US$14 million!
The support in the last months has been immense and, myself and the team are deeply grateful for the belief you’ve demonstrated in us and excited to have you all onboard!
I couldn’t be more grateful for this year, really. Crypto really defies expectations and has literally enabled us to change the lives that we touch. At BlockchainSpace, deeply embedded at our core, we are driven by the values of creating social mobility and improving livelihood. We enable this by empowering Guilds across the world, who have been and will continue to be the driving force of the Play-To-Earn industry!
As great as 2021 was, we know 2022 will be better. Whatever the broader market gives us, BlockchainSpace will continue to do what it does best: explore, learn, and build. We will continue checking boxes on our roadmap, and accrue more value into our ecosystem, driving this back to our community of guilds, gamers, and investors through our token, $GUILD.
We wouldn’t have achieved so much without the support of our GUIDLers.
Thank you for joining our journey!
BlockchainSpace enables play-to-earn guilds to scale in the metaverse. We build tools to empower gaming communities and run academies to identify economic opportunities in games. Our aim is to embolden the next generation of play-to-earn gamers and guild owners to become successful entrepreneurs by equipping them with essential digital tools and financing.
Follow BlockchainSpace on social media to stay up to date with all the latest developments.